Well, I am already feeling the pressure to "produce" something for this blog. I have only told 7 people about my lame blog, 4 of whom don't read blogs, so really there are only about 3 people reading. My parents are reading but can't figure out how to comment. I guess that is a good thing since my Dad is a smartass and would surely write something obscure or obscene. I am too lazy to post photos right now, but here is a run down of what we've been up to - for all 3 of you readers.
Rick, Boppa (my Dad) Harper and Hana went to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area on a camping trip last week. The BWCA is a huge wilderness area in Northeastern MN, bordering Canada. They paddled a canoe for 4 hours to a campsite where they stayed for 3 nights. You can go much farther into the BWCA, but they thought 4 hours was far enough with two grade-schoolers. I was very surprised to hear that Harper and Hana had a blast! They loved it! They cannot wait to go again next year. They didn't shower for a week, cooked food over a campfire, fished, swam and used a pit toilet like champs. I am very proud of them and so happy they had a good time.
Massy, Geet Nana and I stayed home and also had fun. Massy slept with me each night and loved it. She had her nails done and had dinner with a friend. Geet Nana and I went to see "Mama Mia" which we both enjoyed. Our friends saw it too and thought it was so hokey that they laughed out loud in the theatre- particularly when Pierce Brosnan sang. But, I didn't think it was quite as sappy as they did and actually plan to go again with our girls.
I'll try to post a picture of something soon so I don't lose my 3 readers.......
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay, for blog updates! Your outdoorsy girls rock!
I am going to see Mama Mia next week. My parents enjoyed it so much that they have invited me for a rare night out.
I know what you mean about keeping the blog alive. I have yet to post since we got here. Poor husband has no idea what his children look like anymore.
Charlotte (who is defying blogging bylaws once again with a way too long comment)
Good posting!!!
Make that 4 readers - I read it out loud to my hubby & he is very impressed by your husband's trip!
How fun!
I love blogs. They give you, my daughter, the opportunity to display the Wagner trait of gross exaggeration. Interesting but somewhat inaccurate.
Had her nails done with a friend, eh??bypnk
Post a Comment