Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hana is 8!


I've been told that if I don't post more often that people will give up and stop reading. That is a lot of pressure to endure when there isn't anything remotely interesting going on around here. The Geet hasn't done anything really funny. There have been a few family fights that I'm sure no one wants to hear about. We picked strawberries on Tuesday. Blah, blah, blah.

So, I am happy to report that today is a big day. Hana is 8 years old today! She is so beautiful, kind, amazing and just an absolute joy to have as a daughter and sister. She came to us from Ethiopia exactly 14 months ago. She finished first grade in May and is a fabulous student. She amazes us everyday and we think often of her family in Ethiopia who raised such an incredible little girl. I'll post more pics tomorrow after our Ethiopian feast and birthday party!

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

2 comments:

-C said...

Happy Birthday Hana! Hope you have a super fun day and that your Mommy gets to celebrate you with lots of box wine!!

Charlotte

writex3 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US TOO!!! (Yes, I'm shouting --- hooray for you, Hana!)