Saturday, August 2, 2008

Luddite

Noun
1. Any of a group of British workers who between 1811 and 1816 rioted and destroyed laborsaving textile machinery in the belief that such machinery would diminish employment.
2. One who opposes technical or technological change.

My parents would be number 2. Amazingly, they have figured out how to comment (see post below). I suppose I shouldn't have taunted my father openly, but one would not assume he would figure out how to sign-up to blogger and comment on my blog after one has actually witnessed him attempting to turn on the TV with the cordless telephone (yes, it does sort of resemble a remote control) or watched him drive into his garage with his bicycle on top of his car (bad day for the bicycle). I guess I underestimated both of them. They must have had some computer help from their "younger" friends. I was just about to give up on this blog - honestly, it isn't as fun as I thought it might be and life with Geet Nana isn't as hilarious as it was those first few weeks. But, I surely don't want to upset the luddites now that they are participating.......

No comments: