It's only 1:00 p.m. and its been a really long day. I drove our old Golden, Jasmine, to the vet this a.m. It was time for her to say goodbye to this world. She has been failing for quite some time but last night she was unable to get up to go to the bathroom - we knew it was time. She came to us 5 years ago and was blind and ancient at that time. We have no idea how old she is, but she definitely defied all odds. We buried her in a beautiful spot near an oak tree in one of our pastures. There are daisies growing all around her. We will miss her dearly.
Now, I have to go make Ethiopian food for Hana's family B-day party.......
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs. Why don't they live as long as their owners? Its so unfair.
Wish we were closer...we'd come crash your party! What are you cooking? (hint hint subject for next blog post w/pictures, pease)
Sherry,
I am so sorry!
What a sad thing to have to do on the same day as a celebration. Hope you guys are all okay and I am glad you got to bury Jasmine somewhere beautiful.....
Charlotte
oh no, so sad. That sweet bumping dog. Sorry to hear this Sherry
Post a Comment