
The Geet died today. Her husband died 9 years ago on this date. I guess maybe I should have seen that coming. I hadn't visited her since Friday and it's difficult to forgive myself for that. Although, if I hadn't asked her to move here to live with us, it probably would have been months since I last saw her. The Geet provided an amazing amount of humor to our lives the past year and the experience was unforgettable - especially for our girls. We spent the evening helping them to understand why The Geet died and what happens now. There is a wonderful book called "The Next Place" that I found in The Geet Suite (The Geet left it here - how beautiful is that?) that helped us talk with them. The tough part is that death brings back some very painful memories for two of our children. Hana cried for her mother and father and is still upstairs journaling to help herself through this. Massy is afraid that I will die next. Harper is always the most logical - processing difficult issues like an adult.
As I grow older I am so amazed at how we continually learn and grow, and how everything happens for a reason. It was a year ago this month that we asked The Geet to move to Bemidji into our new home. She needed us as much as we needed her. I have lived much of my life on the path less traveled. It is always more stressful, sometimes overwhelmingly so, and ALWAYS more rewarding.
Thanks for everything Geet. I love you.
6 comments:
Tears for the Geet in Wisconsin. So sorry for your loss.
ahhh so sorry for your loss. I am howevery glad you travel the road(s) you do and happy for your family and the geet that that road included her at the end of her journey. Take care.
Oh, you guys. I'm so, so sorry. Please let me know if we can help in any way in the coming days as you make arrangements, etc. I can be down in a flash to help with the house & girls. Really.
I'm so sad. I'll miss the Geet. I know this is really hard on all of you.
Hugs.
I'm so sorry to read your news. Please let me know what I can do.
I'm so sorry. You are all in my thoughts.
I'm sorry. Your post was a great tribute to her. She was lucky to have you and your family in her last year.
Post a Comment