Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Piercings, a Cat Fight and a Fashion Show




My very fashionable mother and my very fashionable Aunt, both of whom wear lipstick and nailpolish and eyeliner (none of which are ever seen on me) took my girls shopping today. The older two also got their EARS PIERCED! I told them to go for it - if the Mom and the Aunt want to pay for it, then GREAT. I got a call from the mall saying "we need a parent to sign for piercing" and I rushed in to town, camera in hand, to approve the piercing and oversee the process. The girls did very well - a little wincing and some tiny tears. Massy got to pick out clip-on earrings - which there is a large selection of, making me wonder why the other two had to go through the piercing.

I guess it was a long day of piercing and shopping, because the two older girls got into a pushing and shoving fight at the half-time of Rick's varsity boy's soccer game IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SOCCER FIELD. Yes, it was viewed by all of the fans and, of course, they now think I am an unfit mother with two problem children - actually three, Massy wasn't part of the cat fight but she does run wild at the soccer games and makes me look completely incompetent. I used to worry more about this kind of stuff - before I discovered box wine.

Later tonight, the girls put on a fashion show for our family - fashionable Aunt and Uncle and Geet Nana were in the audience, along with Nana and Geezerjock (my Dad, the guy who taught me to talk like a sailor). Can you guess who is the Debutante, who is the GAP unisex model and who is the next Avril Lavigne? Scary how their fashion selections reflect their personalities perfectly....


5 comments:

Leslie said...

Great pictures!

-C said...

I think you actually put on mascara when you came to DC. At least you were in the bathroom for a very long time and you came out looking like a fashionista.

Cute pictures of the girl band. Glad to see they are doing something other than singing about Merrily.

C-

3GenerationsFarm said...

C - you know darn well why I was in the bathroom for a very long time and it had nothing to do with mascara! We were both SO nervous about that event - makes me want to go to the bathroom for a long time just thinking about it.....

-C said...

he he

writex3 said...

Your girls are too funny! And you are anything but an unfit mom - you are a very good mom who lets your kids be kids (-:

2 more days till school starts...talk about that box wine...