Well, its been two weeks since my last post (that sounds like a Catholic confession). Things have been crazy and a bit, shall I say, nervous breakdown-esque? Geet Nana and I had it out over her behavior in a restaurant (which is a recurring issue) and things were a bit rough around here for a week or more. Have I mentioned that Geet Nana can POUT with the best of them? 94 year olds (or anyone for that matter) who pout and feel sorry for themselves are not enjoyable to be around.
I have also learned this month that summer vacation is AT LEAST 3 weeks too long! Children should got back to school in AUGUST! Not the day after labor day! One more week till school starts - YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!
In house news, the only thing that has broken recently is our washing machine (yes, it came with the house). So, if you are keeping track, since May we have had a flooded basement, leaky roof, oven fire, septic backup, friendly bat and washer failure. There are other issues - the place needs work and we have put much more work and money into it than we expected at this point. Did I mention that the previous owner had NEVER pumped the septic tank in the 18 years they lived here? Would you believe that they did not know where the septic tank was located? Now, imagine my poor husband digging multiple holes under the deck to locate the septic system that is filled with 18 years of sh......
So, as not to spoil this entire post with bitching and complaining, I will tell you that I now play the piano. I do not have a musical bone in my body, but I can play "Jolly Old Saint Nicolas" on the black keys on our new (1923) piano. The girls in the picture can play "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and "Merrily We Roll Along" and NO, of course I am not at all tired of hearing these lovely tunes......
3 comments:
What could possibly be next?
God help you if it is the refrigerator....Where on earth would you store your box wine. I will be very afraid to read your blog the day that happens.
BTW- I am SO not lovin' that your kids are playing a tune with the name 'Merrily' in it. Is it possible that you could teach them something else. Thank you that would be much appreciated.
Sheesh...
Charlotte (who also is counting the days til school starts)
From Hubby: "(gasp) Oh, pooooor Rick, tell him I am so sorry."
From me: We have 3 funcional toilets. Why don't you come visit us before school starts?
You two crack me up! I can't believe anyone is even reading this lame attempt at a blog :) I'm glad you are enjoying our struggles here at the farm.
C - I never even thought about the title of the song! Singing "Merrily We Roll Along" will never be the same again. I will now picture a strange old woman with long gray braids.....
Post a Comment