Monday, August 11, 2008

It's like a dream.....sometimes




This place we live is truly incredible. Sure, we've had a wet basement, an oven fire, a friendly house bat and a sewer backup - among other things in the 3 short months we've lived here. But these scenes from our yard hopefully capture the beautiful setting. I took the picture of the horses from our deck. I wake up each a.m. and can't believe I live here - it feels like a dream. Then, I see Geet Nana and I realize this is definitely real life :) Yes, its been a long couple of days with The Geet. Let's just say per our recent conversations that there won't be any more animals, adoptions or foreign exchange students while The Geet is living here. The Geet could never be accused of keeping her opinions to herself. In fact, she might benefit from my Dad's favorite advice which is "never miss a chance to shut-up". All in all it is going very well. But, anyone who says that we shouldn't get any animals to fill our barns because "they might poop in there" is really missing the point.

1 comment:

writex3 said...

Can't wait to see it...but maybe we'll time our visit for when the Geet has a date to play cards somewhere... (-: