Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Swearing and Bathroom Humor

Of all the blogs that I read, I am the only I know that actually SWEARS on my blog. I also don't know anyone who posts pictures of their own butt and talks about their septic system and its contents repeatedly. There are several reasons for this, I presume. First, many of the bloggers I know are quite religious. I mostly read international adoption blogs and many families who consider international adoption are people of faith. Not that religious people don't swear or think bathroom humor is funny, its just less likely to be something they would blog about. I guess that is quite a presumptuous statement - if you find a religious blog with swearing and bathroom humor, please send me the link. Second, I think many bloggers would like to have a large readership. Swearing and talking about poop might get your blog flagged for objectionable content which would make it less desirable for some readers (although being flagged might make it more intriguing for some, me included!). I don't care how many people read my blog (which is why I only told fewer people than I can count on my own two hands), therefore being flagged does not concern me. Third, I presume that most people in the world, whether bloggers or not, are more mature than I am. I still think a good fart is probably the funniest thing ever and I am not afraid to state this publicly. While other bloggers are educating the public on adoption, parenting, culture, health issues and other important stuff, I just long for a funny bodily noise to inspire my posts. Be happy there isn't a picture to go with this one.

5 comments:

FrogMom said...

Hmmm... We'll have to have you over for dinner soon since my two-year -old has recently learned to fart on command. Impressive skill for one so young.

-C said...

I am now starting to think that you only wanna be my friend because you know that I farted on Live television.

I have a song on my blog play list with the F word in it...does that count? I am sure that I will be reported to WHFC shortly by the adoption blog police.

Now that you know this maybe you will start answering my emails again. hrrrmpf.

Charlotte

3GenerationsFarm said...

Oh, a couple of smartasses, huh? Oops, I swore again. This time in the comments section. Shit.

writex3 said...

I like your efffing blog.

3GenerationsFarm said...

mp2 - you are very funny and witty! I'm going to check your blog right now to see if you are swearing on there.