Pages read in The Poisonwood Bible since I started reading
last Thursday night = 25
Average number of pages read per day = 3.57
Page number I'll be on the day we discuss the book if I
continue reading at this rate = Page 121
Total number of pages in the book = 543
Options:
Read 16 pages each night for the next 34 nights
Begin reading before midnight, before taking Ambien
and before drinking two glasses of wine
Rent The Poisonwood Bible- The Movie
Thoroughly quiz someone who has read The Poisonwood Bible
Get drunk on book club discussion night and laugh at others
who are discussing the book
Admit defeat and quit book club while 25 pages in to first book
Prediction:
I'm screwed
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't give up--just read what you can. It's the group discussion that's the fun part, and the more you read, the more you'll be able to participate, but still it should be fun. Hang in there!
I hardly ever read the whole book for my book club - sometimes I don't read any of it at all. You'll still have fun at the discussion (-:
I like option number 5, and will be looking forward to your blog post about how you got kicked out of your first book club!
Maybe we should start a magazine club, where we are assigned the latest tabloids. It is way less time consuming and there are lots more pictures, much easier to accomplish while on wine and ambien.
Charlotte
Post a Comment