It's been a long, hard week. We waited in the clinic for two hours on Tuesday to get our flu shots. Hana also needed her last immunizations - she's on a "catch-up" schedule since arriving from Ethiopia. By Wednesday at noon Hana was in a lot of pain from one of her shots and came home early from school. Thursday she had a high fever and it climbed to over 106 degrees more than once. I honestly thought our thermometer must be wrong, but we got this reading at the clinic too. She was delirious on Thursday night - she slept with me and talked all night about crazy stuff, jumping out of bed at one point while yelling "I'm getting out of here, you people are crazy!". She was unable to walk on Thursday and Friday - I carried her everywhere. The doctor finally put her on an antibiotic for the allergic reaction and she is doing better today. We think she may be able to go to school tomorrow. It was a scary few days for all of us.
The girls (from the Wizard of Oz!) trick or treated on Friday even though Hana felt awful - we pushed her in a stroller. Saturday we celebrated Harper's 8th birthday with our family. She is now the proud owner of an Ipod shuffle which is permanently attached to her body. Growing up WAY too fast.
Elmo was pooped from the party and fell asleep among the wrapping paper......
I'm exhausted. This has been the craziest 6 months of my life. I am horribly forgetful because I just have too much on my plate. I fake it well, so people don't hesitate to continue to ask me for favors. Despite the craziness , I am giddy about the election on Tuesday. I'm trying not to walk around with a smile my face, I'm afraid I'll jinx it. Beyond the Presidential election we have some heavy races in MN and locally, with a school operating levy that HAS TO PASS. I plan to be up late on Tuesday. Can't wait, actually.....
4 comments:
Oh no--I'm so sorry about the bad reaction to the shot and glad that she is doing better. They look so cute in their costumes!
Love the blog!
that kind of fever would have totally freaked me me out ... i am glad she is better and what cute costumes!
I am speechless- and like Stacy I would have FREAKED out at that high temp. I am calling you tomorrow- you dont have to answer if you have too much on your plate- but I'm still calling. In the meantime, please- for the love of God- stop saying yes to everything and give yourself a break- you need it!
Charlotte (who is deliriously giddy and nervous all at the same time)
Post a Comment