Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Coolest Floor

You may remember that our basement flooded this summer and we haven't been able to use it since. The girls used to play down there a lot before the flood, so we decided to paint and install new flooring so they could use it over the winter. We didn't want to lay carpet, for fear it would get wet again. After considering several things we finally came across this website: www.softnsafe.com. Our floor came today and in about an hour our basement looked completely different. The floor is foam, it interlocks like a puzzle and it feels great on the feet. If it gets wet, we can lift part or all of it up and allow it to dry. I am so excited about it that I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and look at it again! What a nerd....

BEFORE:

AFTER:

6 comments:

writex3 said...

Oh wow, I must check this out!

-C said...

I think I may be even more excited about your new floor than my rocking new concrete slab. Going to go check out the website now. It looks amazing!

Charlotte

3GenerationsFarm said...

It's anti-fatigue, too, so it feels great on the feet. I am truly in love with this floor and am trying to think of other rooms that could use it. I could make a rug for the kitchen or the laundry room.....

Leslie said...

That looks great! I'm going to take a look at that. We still have a bare floor from the hurricane destroying our carpet. Very cool.

Stacy said...

i love it too!

Anonymous said...

So nice. I'm going to steal this idea for our basement. Miss you guys.