Thursday, November 20, 2008

Could it still be Monday?

Today Harper and Hana's second grade teacher called to tell me that Harper has been kicking several boys in her class in the nuts. Well, she used the word "privates", but I prefer nuts. I burst out laughing at first and then composed myself and said that I was horrified and I would talk to her. I do remember many things about my second grade experience. I once paid a boy (Matt Tower) one dollar to kiss me on the playground. It is all coming back to haunt me now, in the form of my daughter. Sigh...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

At least you won't have to pay for self defense classes for her :)

-C said...

Oh dear, the apple does not fall far from the tree does it? Sorry, but this made me laugh.

Charlotte

writex3 said...

I laughed out loud - I, too, tried out that move on a boy in 2nd grade. I'm not sure that he ever really forgave me....

Tell Harper that I love her!

Anonymous said...

It's in the DNA! Northern Elementary recess redux. Run boys run!

Anonymous said...

Is there something wrong with kicking boys in the nuts?