Our lovely dog, Abby, so kindly brought me a gift on Wednesday night. I let her outside one last time before going to bed about 11:30 p.m. I called her in a few minutes later and she shot in the door with an enormous rabbit in her mouth which she laid at my feet! Yikes! The thing was almost as large as Abby and I'm not sure it was all the way dead yet. I was dancing around it saying "Oh, Oh, Oh" and fully expecting it to jump up and start hopping around. Finally I decided to wrap it in a towel and carry it outside. It was dead. Rick buried it in the morning, next to the muskrat that Chamois brought us. Gee, thanks Abby.
THE GEET HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. Yes, The Geet is gone for the weekend to visit her sons and grandchildren. We celebrated by not making a good dinner. We all ate different things at different times with the television on. It was grand. I do need to spend some time cleaning The Geet's room and bathroom this weekend - which I usually speed through while she has her hair done on Fridays - but so far, I've just closed her door and refused to deal with it. Right now I'm just too busy enjoying her absence. And yes, I did just write that.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment