

My Sister-in-Law knows me too well! Here is the T-shirt that arrived - out of the blue - in the mail from her today. She is also the one who sent me the "I Love Boxed Wine" T-shirt I posted about previously. I think this is a great play on the Life Is Good T-shirts, which she used to send me. I guess she's noticed my change in mood :) And the fact that I can't afford clothes right now.
Loser moment of the day: After discussing finances with my husband last night and how we might cut back so that we can actually not overdraw the checking account twice each month, I started my morning by donating a $14.99 bag of gourmet coffee to the troops at Caribou Coffee. The people in line before me declined this invitation, as did the people in line after me. Me? Oh no, not me. I can't say No, which is why I do not answer the phone when telemarketers call. Do I think our troops need good coffee - absolutely. I need good coffee and I'm not driving a tank and fearing for my life each day. But, I really don't have $14.99 to be donating to the troops this week. In fact, I think Caribou Coffee could have probably donated their own coffee to the troops rather than put me - SherryCan'tSayNo - in this position. I suppose they figure anyone who spends $2 on a cup of coffee can spare $14.99 to donate to those serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Gosh, now I feel kind of bad for complaining about this. Now I'm actually upset with the people in line with me who didn't spare the $14.99. I think I may need professional help for having this discussion with myself publicly.
6 comments:
Finally catching up on all the blogs. Haven't been out here since mid-Sept. So sorry to hear about your losses lately. I gave Annie an extra hug & long walk today...you remind me how much I need to appreciate her more.
Love these shirts - fitting on most days. Hang in there.
You are too funny. I can't believe you spent 14.99 on their coffee. I could send them 2 bags for that price! Boy, Bemidji has gotten out of hand. We're adding box wine to the Halloween party this year...inspired by you!
ummm there is a family in south mpls that could really use some coffee right now ... this family is cutting back by refusing to turn the boiler on until at least November 1st ... even a visit from a 1 month old baby warrented only an extra blanket, no heat.
Stacy, will you please discuss this with The Geet? Everyday she tells us that she is freezing! Do you suppose this could be because she doesn't wear socks? We have a supplemental heater blowing in her room 24/7. So much for cutting back here. Don't suppose we could ask her to pay our heat bill???.....
S- not only do I make my renter pay half the heating, electrical and water bill I also force her to sucumb to my no heat until November will ... sharing the utility bills is the only way to acheive fairness and a willingness to conserve. She should totally pay! (btw my conservativeness does not apply to summer time air conditioning or good beer)
Hilarious.
Love the T-shirt! Where does she find these I wonder.
Regarding your generous coffee donation to the troops, I just think it is admirable that you have your priorities straight. Here we are cutting back on feeding the children. It was that or my cigarettes.
C-
Post a Comment