No, I'm not talking about Sarah Palin. Don't get me started on her. In this post I will talk about my own well-roundedness (and maybe later I'll post about made up words).
On the last day of my little getaway with friends in the twin cities we had our coffee and great conversation at Caribou Coffee and then went our separate ways. Me - I sneaked over to Lane Bryant to try on clothing. If you are unaware, Lane Bryant is a PLUS size woman's clothing store. I certainly didn't want to go in there while I was shopping with my friends. I mean, then they might know that I am fat (as if they couldn't tell by looking at me). So, I did the ole sneaky-sneak and, with my sunglasses on, casually slipped into Lane Bryant. The clerks are very friendly - I almost wanted to jump behind a clothes rack when they yelled "WELCOME!". So much for the ole sneaky-sneak. I actually love Lane Bryant's clothing. I remember window shopping there when I was 30 pounds lighter thinking that I really liked their style (keeping them in mind should I ever - gasp - gain 30 pounds). My mission on this particular day was to try something on that wasn't busting at the seams, even though it was the largest size in the store. Realizing that you have outgrown the sizes at your favorite stores is sad. Lane Bryant makes me feel good - I can grab the SMALLEST size they carry. It made me feel even better when the smallest size was too large! But then I realized that I am in a clothing no-man's land. I am too small for Lane Bryant and too large for every other store. I will now be naked. Someone should do something. Believe me, you do not want me to be naked. I think the best option is to GAIN weight so I can fit into the cute Lane Bryant clothes and still feel good that there are many sizes in their store for me to grow into. This would be SO much easier than losing weight so I can once again fit into the size 12 at J.Jill. Problem solved.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have the same problem with the limbo between Lane Giant and regular clothes- and I am at least 50 lbs heavier than you. So there must be a huge bunch of forgotten women out there.
I think I smell a business opportunity.. But I can't sew, knit or quilt (well, I suppose quilted pants arent in vogue now anyway).
sorry for the ramble. I have missed my internet and cant stop stalking blogs tonight.
You always look beautiful!
Post a Comment